Thursday, November 24, 2011

Passion and Creativity (and Alcohol)

I've had a lot of confusion with life for a long time. Being forced to work so hard for good grades for so long was all I knew about my life for a long time. Since I never got for-real-serious all A+'s (even if you've got an A grade point average overall, you could STILL DO BETTER!) I always had something to work towards. Then I got into some great colleges and was like "Wow! This is what my parents wanted me to work hard for!" Then now I'm college, and I'm like...am I seriously just doing everything over again so that I can get into good grad school??! It must stop somewhere, right? What am I doing work so hard I mean I am learning but...?

Then I discovered an amazing book, and in the middle of reading it, went through a breakup that cut it close. The amazing book kept me hanging on and knowing that I could do something in my life, but it was so hard because I wondered why I put myself out there that much just to break up, and also feeling like it never got THAT good before it ended. I wondered what the point to anything was. Was it really that amazingly important that I got into such a wonderful awesome pawesome college? (It's wonderfully beautifully amazing, but you're kind of like ".....okay, and?...so what?")

I then was introduced to this video by a friend of mine, right after I brought up the same concept in different words (I used something like life is us working on a canvas and people come into our lives drawing parts and you gotta take those people in while they're there)




Today was the first Thanksgiving I had with a family for a long time. It was wonderfully fun, and I kept thinking life is supposed to be full of the smiles and laughter we shared tonight. One thing that was really fun though was that I finally got some alcohol to play around with.

Bartending. I love it so much. I thought I loved it because it was cool to be like "Yeah, I bartend," but having people compliment me on the drinks I mixed tonight, I realized I genuinely just love it.

I love the way you put things together for something so wonderful. Alcohol itself is something amazing. The way it kind of loosens you up. And being able to make it taste so much more amazing than any fruit punch you can ever make is just. Wow. I am always so surprised at how good I can make things taste (haha) (seriously though! Come have some!). It's like when you're playing a sport and you hit this make this perfect shot or move you totally didn't know you had in you. Well, it's that for every drink I make. That rush that I got when all the alcohols were pulled out of the cupboard and placed in front of me, the scent of squeezing fresh organic limes, the way it feels when you shake that drink up between your hands and the "oo"s and "ahh"s going all around...and the moment people TASTE. Taste. Wow. That is really good. What is it called? Oh, I kind of made it up :)

It's this like little thing that grows inside you, and the adrenaline that builds in you from happiness. Like when you go on a roller coaster and that feeling you get when you're just falling. Except it's completely controlled by you (as in you know exactly where it's coming from), and it doesn't scare you. It just is. You are flowing out those amazing energies that launch your creativity and happiness. And you know you could just do this for a long time and still feel that warm fuzzy softly exhilarating rush.

That is passion. That is what we are here for.

Now of course, my life's calling isn't bartending, but it is something I love. Badminton likewise and many other things - singing, guitar playing. If we could live in those moments, and dance and sing to the music that's playing, I think the quality of our lives could be greatly improved. Sometimes we do these things and even though we love them we don't get ourselves immersed in that rush! Learn to live in the rush. Live in the now and live in the beauty of that feeling. Because I guarantee you, that rush, even if you fake it for certain things, will bring you physical manifestations of the feelings you are producing.

Go out there and do something that makes you rush. Or even better, learn to build that rush within you consciously, and go put yourself out there on your little emotional high. You'll be amazed at what happens to you. 緣份 [yuan fen] (the ties you have with others; being the right person at the right place at the right time) will bring you to amazing places and people. Trust that (I love my Asian background for teaching me about yuan). Live in the moment. Stop waiting for your amazing things to come to you, or waiting to be happy in your afterlife or "once you get there." Learn to do it now! It'll be the difference in the qualities of people's lives, and you best better wanna be one of those high quality lifestyles!

If you need an event bartender call me!

Peace,
And Love,
Blaize

No comments: